Data recovery software for corrupted Microsoft® Word documents
Recovery for Word
Recovery for Word
Recovery for Word repairs corrupted Word documents (.doc, .docx, .docm, .rtf).
Supported Word versions:
Attention: make backup copies of corrupted file(s) before recovery
Click Recover to start
Copyright © Recoveronix Ltd.
Recovery for Word recovers corrupted Word documents (.doc, .docx, .docm, .rtf).
Supported Word versions:
2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 97, 95, 6.0 and Word for Mac 5.0
The recovered data is saved into a new Word document.
Download a free demo version of Recovery for Word.
OfficeRecovery 2018 Suites
The suites integrate data recovery utilities for office productivity applications.
Recovery for Excel
Recovers corrupted Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xla, .xlsx).
Recovery for PowerPoint
Recovers corrupted PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pps, .pptx).
Data Recovery Services
Is there an associated hardware problem or does the case need custom approach? Try our custom services.
New in Recovery for Word 5.0:
- Supports Microsoft Word 2016
- Supports all modern file versions, including 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 and 97
- Basic support for Word for Macintosh files
- Supports RTF (rich text format)
- Recovers text and formatting
- Recovers tables
- Recovers bulleted lists
- Recovers embedded graphics (images are placed at the end of recovered document)
- Recovers charts and drawings
- Restores headers and footnotes
- Recovers fields, including URLs
- Recovers OLE objects
- For Word 2007 and 2010 the following OLE objects are restored:
- Bitmap Image
- Microsoft Equation 3.0
- Microsoft Graph Chart
- Microsoft Power Point 97-2003 Slide
- Microsoft Visio Drawing
- Microsoft Works Spreadsheet
- OpenDocument objects(of any type)
- WordPad Document
- Restores formatting applied by styles, recovers headers and footers, fields and bookmarks
- Recovers password-protected files if the password is known (Word 2003, 2002, 2000 and 97 files only)
- Full install/uninstall support
- Does not recover Visual Basic modules
- Corrupted documents in Macintosh format are being recovered only partly. Only text in Western codepage and basic formatting can be recovered
- OLE objects for Office 2007 and 2010 are not recovered
- Office Drawing for 2007 and 2010 are not recovered
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2003 Server or 2008 Server. Windows 95, 98, ME are not supported.
- RAM: 256-1024 MB (depends on document size and corruption range)
- Hard Disk: minimum 10 MB of free space required for installation
- Display: 640 x 480 or higher resolution, 256 colors
Recovery for Word Description
Recovery for Word is designed for effective data recovery from corrupted Microsoft Word documents. Using Recovery for Word allows to avoid the loss of important information. Nowadays Microsoft Word textual processor is the most widespread tool for creation any types of documents, including corporate documents.
Recovery for Word scans, analyzes the corrupted file and exports all available data from the file. If the document is strongly damaged, some data loss is inevitable. All restored data is saved into a new rtf document. After the recovery the document becomes available for processing.Recovery for Word repairs text and formatting, tables, bulleted lists, embedded graphics (images are placed at the end of the recovered document), charts and drawings, headers and footnotes, fields, including URLs, OLE objects and so on.
The important fact is that the program only analyzes the damaged file and does not change the original data.Recovery for Word works with text files of various formats: Microsoft Word documents of different versions (.doc, .docx and .docm files) and Rich Text documents (.rtf files).
Recovery for Word Tool Demo Explained
The demo result allows to evaluate recoverability of a particular corrupted word document.
There are two typical outcomes of using the demo results:
- A limited amount of actual data will be fixed from the damaged word file. Other fixed data will be presented as placeholders labeled "demo";
- Data analysis will find the document impossible to fix. "No data to recover" message will be shown in that case.
OfficeRecovery Fix and Recover Word Files
At first a very important point is to define whether your doc, docs or rtf file is corrupted. A word file is corrupted when it has inconsistencies that make it impossible to open it with Microsoft Word. If while trying to open your doc, docx or rtf file you got an error message or the application crashed or the file could open as a mix of random characters, all these are typical symptoms of your word file corruption.
The good news is that in most cases a half of corrupted word files aren't lost completely. And Recovery for Word was exactly created to fix and restore the remaining non-corrupted data from damaged doc, docs or rtf files. You will get your data back and will be able to open it with Microsoft Word without any errors.
Using Recovery for Word
- Backup the corrupted document(s) before proceeding with any recovery activities. Use reliable non-local media such as CD or network drive to store backups.
- Start Recovery for Word.
- Select the Recover... item in the File menu. A file selection dialog will open.
- Select the document corrupted and press "Recover" button.
- Wait until the file processing is completed.
- When prompted, save the recovered document, assigning it a new name. By default, Recovery for Word adds "Recovered" to the file name, i.e. "Corrupted document.DOC" will be saved as "Recovered Corrupted document.RTF"
Questions And Answers
|Q:||Can Recovery for Word repair my Word document?|
|A:||The effective way to find out if a Word document is recoverable is to try the demo version of Recovery for Word on it. Visit the Demo page for a free copy of the demo.|
Product specifications with lists of items recovered and not recovered is available at the Product Information page.
Note: Always backup your original corrupted Word document before proceeding with any recovery activity!
|Q:||What limitations does the demo version of Recovery for Word have?|
|A:||The demo version shows only several paragraphs with their original text. Others will contain 'demo' placeholder. Full version of Recovery for Word restores demo-limited data as well.|
No additional paragraphs, pictures or any other elements and features of the original document will be recovered by commercial version of Recovery for Word if not present in demo output.
|Q:||I have tried the demo. How do I decide whether to purchase the full version of Recovery for Word?|
|A:||Evaluating the results of demo recovery can help in making the decision.|
|Q:||What are the differences between product licenses?|
|A:||Details of current licensing scheme are described at the Licensing page.|
|Q:||Why do results of recovery contain less data than the original Word document?|
|A:||This is normal. The damaged parts of your Word document will convert to zero size on output. The other common reason of file size decrease is when some of features of the original document are not supported and therefore absent from the recovered document.|
Demo-recovered document is smaller because it mostly consists of demo placeholders than actual data.
|Q:||Running Recovery for Word from command line (through Windows Start -> Run menu).|
|A:||If your license type is Enterprise or Service, you can run Recovery for Word from command line and use these calls in your batch files. Standard version does not support command line. The format for command line call is:|
wr.exe <original filename with path> "<path to directory to store the recovered file(s)>"(without angle brackets).
Please note that the directory for recovered file(s) should be created before starting the recovery.
Command line mode supports patterns '*' (replaces group of symbols) and '?' (replaces one symbol).